Mechanical Technician job on oil rigs
The companies that provided some of the most recent oil rig Mechanical Technician job placements, have included: Spencer Ogden - recruitment company for oil & gas drilling industry and other energy sectors; Pyramid Recruitment Ltd, also DBA Pyramid Offshore and Marine - provides recruitment services for many industries and sectors, including Subsea & Offshore Engineering; Metroworth Consulting Limited (MCL), recruits personnel for offshore oil drilling and oil production rigs, including Mechanical Technicians. Some of the more specialized areas this latter staffing agency that works primarily for oil drilling contractors, include hiring tech personnel for doing jobs, including offshore positions as Rig Floor Mechanics, Mechanical Technicians, Mechanical Engineers in sub-sea, down-hole engineering, floating production FPSO, storage and offloading systems, onshore refinery projects, specialists in CALM buoys, pipelines maintenance and testing. MSL announced lately another vacancy of Mechanical Technician, who would like to join the already existing and completely manned crew, working on offshore oil & gas project in Canada, with only one position of Mechanical Technician vacant. Good candidate for this offshore job opening would be someone holding degree in Mechanical Engineering, though the minimal pre-requisite for this position on offshore oil rig within the terms of the professional education could be completion of a Mechanical Engineering Technician program. Candidates from India and Malaysia could be considered, provided applicant has valid passport and work permit in place. Job geographical location in Canada: Bull Arm, St John's. The other countries this oil rig job placement agency historically offered vacancies: Norway, Algeria, UK. The other mechanical jobs from the same employment provider/recruiter: Mechanical Outfitting Construction Manager, Piping Technician, Mechanical Commissioning Coordinator.
Currently there are over 600 mechanical vacancies on the list, including mechanical technician jobs and jobs for holders of technical trade certificates, including entry-level positions in both onshore and offshore oil drilling. The suggested oil rig job openings are being compiled, based on the information from the oil drilling companies that choose to participate. The list of the vacancies is constantly updated. If chosen by employer after the interview, good candidate will be offered to sign a contract, stipulating key points, like position, salary, dates and so on. The estimated salary on offshore oil platforms, depending on the position, knowledge, qualifications and experience may range $US 2700 to $US 7000 a month for low end staff. The staff is offered continuously run refresher courses. This website provides information services on employment on the not-for-profit basis. Decision on the conclusion of the contract is being taken by employing oil drilling company or oil & gas staffing agency with no power of influence from the behalf of this consultancy.
Professionals of the following trades are required for maintenance and repair of power plants and rigs on oil platforms to fill the vacancies, some of them entry-level that don't require any prolonged previous experience on oil rigs: mechanical technicians, repairmen, fitters, motormen, mechanics, machinists, electricians, welders, turners, technicians, mechanics. To ensure proper standards of catering to the rig workers that perform primary jobs, dealing directly with oil drilling/oil production process on oil platforms, recruiters for contractors and the contractors' HR departments are looking to hire Galleyhands, prep cooks, cooks, night bakers, dishwashers, camp boss, laundrypersons. All employees and workers on offshore oil rigs work on rotation schedule, and on contract as employment type, which has a minimum duration of 6 months with an option to renew or terminate agreement after it expires.
A job of Mechanical Technician on offshore oil rigs without any doubt is considerably more stressful than in mainland oilfields, say nothing of the less well paying industries, where Mechanical Technicians' salary may be several times smaller, but that is for reason.
- Calibration Technician (Mechanical), Mechanical Technician (Plant Equipment), 2 vacancies from Thorpe Molloy Recruitment, both in Aberdeen, UK. Good candidate for the position of the Mechanical Technician (Plant Equipment) is expected to have at least 3 years of experience performing maintenance of cranes and forklifts, knowledge of oil rig specific operations, especially offshore, will be an advantage. Mechanical Calibration Technician's duties and responsibilities rotate around testing, calibration, and repairs of different instruments, appliances and devices, not only mechanical, but also electrical, like electricity, pressure, flow speed, temperature etc. gauges. Should have previous experience of handling manifolds, hoses, PRVs, chart recorders, pumps, previous ofshore experience as at least Roustabout would be welcome.
- Turbine Control Technician, job location Qatar, Employer - major local oil & gas company. Minimum education/experience required: degree in either Mechanical Engineering, Instrument Engineering, or Electrical Engineering and al least 8 years of hands-on experience
- Maintenance Mechanical Technician for servicing of Diesel engines for an oil & gas company in the UAE (Abu Dhabi), should be able to freely communicate in English, should be holder of Apprenticeship certificate. Excellent salary, complete benefits package. (Recruiter: NES Global Talent).
- Must be in the UAE (United Arab Emirates)
- Good knowledge of spoken and written English
- Mechanical Technician vacancy on offshore oil rig, type FPSO unit. Work on rotation schedule, alternating 21 days offshore with the same amount of leave on mainland. Salary negotiable, once contract is signed, the employee is expected to get down to work as soon as possible. (Job location: offshore New Zealand, Recruiter: ECL Global Ltd)
- Offshore technician jobs in Singapore: Instrument Technician/Instrumentation Technologist, job location: Singapore - 8 Weeks On / 3 Weeks Off (Danos (Singapore). Only the applications from candidates with minimum 3 years of experience in hydrocarbon processing systems and utilities on offshore oil rigs will be considered - be ready to produce references from previous employer during interview
- Mechanical Technician job off Jurong Island in Singapore. This offshore oil rig Mechanical Technician job description reads that the duties of this position will mainly focus of preparing mechanical equipment for dynamic commissioning. Vacancy 2: Mechanical / Piping Technician - Raffles Place (Singapore), 1 year contract that assumes working on several projects and different types of oil offshore rigs: FPSO, offshore platform, MODU, semisubmersible offshore Rigs). An applicant with good experience of providing unsupervised maintenance of every type of mechanical equipment and machinery available aboard oil rid, who would be in particular competent about rotary equipment commissioning procedures, will certainly make a nice fit for this offshore oil rig job offer.
- Offshore Mechanical Technician, entry-level job. This position is being classed as entry level, meaning the years in the trade might not exceed 2 years of practical mechanical work in relevant position, not necessarily on oil rigs or on offshore installations, but should be able to demonstrate general knowledge of Hydraulics and aptness to troubleshoot the most common problems occurring in electrical circuits of average complexity and fix them.
Mechanical Technician jobs on rigs in Singapore for foreigners in oil production/exploration industry
Foreigners are eligible to apply for these Mechanical Technician job openings in Singapore:
Mechanical Technician. Pre-requisites for this hot vacancy have included: Minimum education: technical; must be a holder of diploma or certificate in the field of mechanical engineering; Minimum years of experience in mechanical trade less than 2, possibly outside oil rigs; Able to communicate in English at a beginner level and confirm or deny understanding of simple orders and instructions; Should have basic understanding of principles applied in mechanical engineering; Basic experience in assembling/disassembling, installation, production, processing in workshop environment is an advantage; Be familiar with different methods of tightening nuts and bolts with hydraulic and pneumatic tools, instruments, and devices; Good fit for this position of Mechanical Technician is required to realize operating and design principles of the mechanical tools, devices, and instruments and mechanical devices in order to understand how to use them correctly and safely; Duties will also include visual and instrumental inspection of mechanical equipment and elements of pipes aboard offshore oil rig.
Related: Toolpusher vacancy in Singapore, foreigner applicants may be considered, if able to produce CV/Resumé, backed with references from recognized consultacy or oil & gas crewing agency in Asia. Proficient Toolpusher required to fill on temporary contract for 6 months an urgent offshore vacancy, rig type: semisubmersible, job location: South East Asia. This is not entry-level job, good candidate must comply with several strict requirements like having worked as a Toolpusher exactly on conventional offshore semisubmersible oil rig for at least 3 years and be able to produce the proof of that experience along with all relevant offshore certificates. Citizens of India are O.K. Closing date: April, 30.
Line supervisor aboard FPSO unit to oversee the work of the mechanical technicians, fitters, electrical and instrument technicians, Engine room GP operators, general purpose operators, mechanical technician, and intervene in case of breakdown and lead repairs and maintenance related work. Experience in offshore, shipyard, or marine fields would be welcome, though not necessary.