Oilfield service companies
Oilfield service companies are the companies in oil and gas sector that do not at all, or rarely in fact take direct part in petroleum production, but are engaged in oil reserves exploration and production of crude oil in the so-called upstream sector. These are exactly those companies that either drill for oil offshore as oil drilling contractors or get subcontracted by the latter to provide support, logistics, construction, and other auxiliary services and operations to ensure operation of offshore oil rigs and oil production units. All of them, regardless of the part or aspect of the oil drilling project they ensure or support, are providers of entry-level & low end, as well as medium rank offshore rig jobs like rigger, derrickman, toolpusher, mud logger/mud engineer, helicopter pilot, medic or offshore rig nurse, radio room operator, underwater welder-diver, rig electrician, motorman, rigger helper (roughneck), painter, scaffolder, roustabout, rope access technician and others.
Here goes a brief list of just some of them that are the biggest offshore job providers.
- Precision Drilling, the biggest contractor in Canada, with head office in Calgary, Alberta. Currently the corporation owns over 240 rigs that are being used for both offshore and onshore oil drilling around the world, with major projects currently located in Kazakhstan, Middle East, Africa, the US part of the Gulf of Mexico, Canada, India and some other countries. Precision Drilling is not only provider of numerous onshore and offshore oil rig jobs for job seekers wishing to start at entry level as roustabouts and roughnecks that are directly engaged in drilling and oil production. Its subsidiary, LRG Catering Ltd provides catering services for offshore oil production/exploration units, and, consequently must be hiring people to work offshore in catering department, like camp boss, steward, galleyhand, cook, chef etc.
- Schlumberger and its subsidiaries
- Nabors Industries
- Oceaneering International Inc. Besides senior engineering, administrative, senior managerial and supervisory positions, we found also onshore and offshore jobs with this oilfield service company such as: Equipment Technician, Mechanic/Hydraulic Technician, and Offshore Lead Equipment Technician (the place of these offshore jobs off the coast of Louisiana); Offshore Equipment Technician; Vessel Intern - Morgan City, Louisiana; ROV Junior Technician - offshore; Rope Access Multi NDT Technician (Angola); Logistics Coordinator; Rig Mechanic; Tech Diver with valid license of commercial diver. Rigger (offshore Aberdeen, Scotland job), Electrical Engineer, Senior Electrician, Rig Electricians. Truck Driver with good driving record and Class B CDL with Hazmat/Air Brake Endorsements; Instrument Pipefitter; Cook (offshore, vessel); Structural Engineer; Graduate Engineer for trainee position - offshore rig job; Installation Technician; Structural Welder II, III & Specialist; Welding Engineer Intern; Marine Pipefitter; Subsea Engineer Intern.
- Key Energy Services
- Baker Hughes
- Fairfield Industries
- Halliburton (with WellDynamics being its subsidiary)
- Swire Oilfield Services. This oilfield service company is a known provider of offshore cargo carrying solutions and provides offshore aviation (helicopter) services to oil drilling contractors operating in the USA (onshore and offshore), Brazil, Asia Pacific, the North Sea in Europe, off shore Africa. The corporation currently has contracts in support of the implementation of offshore oil exploration and production projects in more than 30 countries located in all major oil & gas regions around the world, its permanently hired full-time staff exceeds 850 employees.
- Tesco Corporation (headquartered in Houston, Texas, previously in Calgary, AB Canada)
- Halliburton. This multinational corporation is considered to be the second largest company in the world that offers oilfield servicing for both offshore and land based projects in the USA, India, and generally in 70 countries up to date. Employs over 50,000 people currently, from time to time announces new openings, . Offers excellent salary, benefit packages, career advancement opportunities both for entry-level and mid-career employees.
- Trican Well Service
- Jacobs Engineering Group
- Trinidad Drilling - head office in Alberta Canada; performs oil drilling and well servicing operations on contract in the North America, operates approx. 140 drilling and barge rigs scattered around Canada, continental US, and the Gulf of Mexico. Used to provide oil drilling on contract in Chile. During the time of writing this review was offering the jobs of Motorman, Derrickman, Rig Manager, Driller in TX USA, land based; there were also 2 vacancies for Houma, LA: Electrician and Floorhand. In February 2014 Trinidad drilling announced the plans to build together with Halliburton Co it has formed a joint venture with, another 4 new oil rigs and deploy them in the Gulf of Mexico on contract with Saudi Arabia, meaning more both high-end engineering and specialist and low end (roughneck (rigger helper), roustabout) oilfield jobs. In longer perspective the said joint venture is expected to grow its fleet of oil rigs from 8 it owns currently up to 50-60 different class oil production/exploration units, i. e. more offshore jobs will be created.
- Ensco plc
- NEOS GeoSolutions
- Diamond Offshore Drilling, Inc. - owns 38 active and 7 under construction rigs, including 33 semisubmersibles, 5 DPD drillships and 7 jack-up offshore platforms for shallow water drilling.
- Weatherford International
- National Oilwell Varco
- FMC Technologies